AGPR 8th Annual Calendar
Start: Monday, August 15th – 6:00 a.m. (for the early birds)
End: Monday, September 19th – 9:00 p.m.
This is a fun way to claim bragging rights for your most photogenic/ beautiful/handsome/amazing/wonderful/mischievous Pyr in the whole wide world. Be creative with your photos and get that campaign plan ready (family, friends, co-workers, social media contacts, people who owe you favors, your new Zoom buddies) to encourage those $1 votes to roll in for your Pyr and to benefit the Pyrs at AGPR who have not found their forever home…yet. The more votes your Pyr gets, the better the odds of winning one of the coveted spots in the calendar (cover or Pyr of the month pages). All entries will be featured at least once in the calendar – we do insert smaller photos to adorn the calendar.
FYI – you don’t have to have a Pyr from AGPR Pyr to enter…non-AGPR Pyrs are welcome.
We set a challenging goal of $12,000 this year. We are hoping to EXCEED it to help cover the cost of the 2022 increases (gas, food, our vet fees… everything).
There are a few ways to participate in this fundraising contest:
- Visit the website – register and enter a good quality* photo of your Pyr for $25. You will automatically get 10 free votes for your Pyr to get you started. Then it is up to you to work your magic and contact list and rack up those votes for your wonderful Pyr.
- Visit the website – buy votes. They are $1 per vote and can be voted for any Pyr in the contest. Buy a block and vote them all on one Pyr or share them among your favorites.
- Visit the website – buy a Date Block. Select a specific date that has special meaning to you (i.e. birthday, holiday, anniversary, Pyr adoption date, first kiss) and submit a photo for that block. These Date Blocks are first come, first served and are $20 each.
- Buy an ad for your business. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Purchase hundreds (ok – dozens?) of 2023 calendars to give as holiday gifts. The calendars are $25 each and includes shipping to your home in early December. You can order by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org (our preference since we do not have to share any of the $ with the payment processor, Stripe) and we will send you payment info upon receipt of your email or you can pre-order on the contest website: http://www.gogophotocontest.com/agprescue.
Remember – all profits help care for the wonderful Pyrs here at Appalachian Great Pyrenees Rescue. Enter early and vote often and let’s make this the best year ever! Give your Pyrs a big hug from us at AGPR. Thank you so much for your continued support!
P.S. Keep your eyes open on email, Facebook and Twitter for more information and an occasional vote sale or two!
* It is important to submit a good quality photo. The winning Pyr photos will be enlarged to ~ 8″ x 10″ and can’t be blurry or grainy. The photo may look fine in the photo submitted, but when enlarged, it gets blurry.
P.S. We will ask for a replacement photo if the winning photo does not work well.